Job title: Administrative Assistant – Radiology – Texas Medical Center
Company: University of Texas
Job description: Position Summary:
Provides general administrative support to a department or group of professionals under general supervision. Performs work that is varied and generally administrative and/or project oriented. Work occasionally requires use of initiative and judgment. This position may provide secretarial support. Departments may provide additional guidance with a departmental position description.
6431 Fannin St. Houston, TX 77030
Position Key Accountabilities: * Resolves routine inquiries and questions and responds to non-routine correspondence or telephone contacts in area of responsibility within guidelines established by supervisor.
- Composes correspondence and memoranda; prepares graphs, tables and manuscripts; prepares reports and presentation materials.
- Schedules and maintains calendars and travel itineraries; coordinates related arrangements in compliance with all University, governmental, and/or grant policies and guidelines.
- Develops filing systems; maintains files, records and reports for assigned area.
- Receives, classifies, reconciles, consolidates, and/or summarizes documents and information.
- Compiles data from reports using required knowledge of departmental, project, and/or university policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for or assists with data entry and basic processing for the financial and/or human resources systems.
- Schedules meetings and rooms, invites participants, and arranges refreshments and equipment as needed. May prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- May be required to maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Screens calls and emails and receives and directs visitors.
- Retrieves information from departmental and/or project records and may produce reports.
- Handles confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Provides back-up for other support staff as needed.
- May provide guidance and direction to lower level staff. May train entry level clerical staff. May lead support staff.
- May serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside assigned areas regarding administrative issues on purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations.
- May be assigned routine budget or financial responsibilities by supervisor.
- May maintain or reconcile financial records/reports.
- Advises on policy and processes as assigned by supervisor. Is responsible for making routine decisions and judgment calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of standard Office Software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
Use of University financial systems may be required.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Associates degree preferred.
Four (4) years related work experience required.
Prior experience with scheduling, maintaining calendars, and travel itineraries required.
Prior experience preparing meeting materials or general reports preferred.
May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
If you are looking for a great healthcare career in Houston, visit !
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 02:04:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!