Job title: Cost & Pricing Manager – Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia
Company: Tetra Tech
Job description: Tetra Tech International Development Services ( ), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is accepting applications from qualified Cost & Pricing Manager candidates. The Cost & Pricing Manager works closely with technical staff in developing cost proposals, detailed budgets, and costed modifications for international development projects, primarily those of USAID. The Cost & Pricing Manager is engaged at various points in the business cycle and works under the general supervision of the Director of Cost and Pricing, with oversight from the Vice President of Operations.
This position will be based in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia.
- Develop and prepare complex cost proposals in response to customer requirements. In collaboration with technical staff, prepare budgets (CPFF, T&M, and Fixed Price) in MS Excel for international development project proposals to USAID and other clients;
- Under the Director of Cost & Pricing’s direction, conduct negotiations with clients on contracts where performing as the Cost Lead;
- Advise proposal teams on pricing strategy and other cost issues in conjunction with proposal objectives;
- Negotiate budgetary items with subcontractors with guidance from technical staff;
- Prepare supporting documentation for cost proposal submissions, including budget narratives, certifications, etc.;
- Present draft cost proposal budgets for reviews and prepare briefings for Senior Management review;
- Assist technical staff in completing costed modifications;
- Manage templates and processes related to subcontractor budgets and other cost proposal inputs;
- Manage development and facilitation of trainings to staff related to cost and pricing;
- Assist in design and implementation of improvements to cost and pricing processes and procedures;
- Assist in enforcement of compliance with the company’s cost and pricing processes and procedures; and
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Cost and Pricing or Vice President of Operations.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field required;
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in developing cost proposals in response to solicitations from USAID or other U.S. Government agencies required;
- Extremely proficient in MS Excel, particularly budget development and formula utilization;
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills;
- Exemplary collegiality, reliability, and follow through across teams and tasks;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
- Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
- U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Location: Burlington, VT – Arlington, VA
Job date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 23:32:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!