Job title: Director of Dealer Compliance & Member Service | Texas Independent Automobile Dealers Association
Company: Texas Society of Association Executives
Job description: The Texas Independent Automobile Dealers Association (TIADA) is a trade association representing the interests of independent auto dealers of Texas.
TIADA is an ascendant association, having seen significant growth in our membership, annual revenue and conference attendance in recent years. We have also increased our influence at the state Capitol and before key regulatory agencies in support of our primary mission: Powerful and passionate representation of our industry.
We are looking for someone to help us continue these winning ways and be a big part of our success going forward.
The Director of Dealer Compliance & Member Service oversees all aspects of TIADA’s Compliance Consultation Service and assists the Executive Director with governmental relations. The right candidate will also serve as our chief storyteller and oversee the association’s strategic messaging.
- Legal & Compliance
- Oversee all aspects of TIADA’s Compliance Consultation Service
- Provide first line of response to all member inquiries regarding legal and compliance issues
- Coordinate responses from TIADA general counsel and outside attorneys to member inquiries
- Develop, maintain and oversee attorney referral program
- Represent association at chapter meetings and other industry related events
- Serve as primary content expert on compliance content produced for education programs, print and digital communication
- Governmental Relations
- Develop and maintain ongoing knowledge of relevant legislative matters
- Analyze bills as needed during legislative session
- Provide legislative talking points for members and other stakeholders as needed
- Manage the association’s online tools for grassroots advocacy
- Manage association Political Action Committee
- Establish and maintain primary / secondary relationships with state agency personnel
- In conjunction with Executive Director, coordinate agency communications
- Member Services
- Manage all aspects of current member services programs
- Develop and implement new member services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized and self-motivated individual who can successfully navigate an evolving environment
- A team player who can work both independently and collaboratively to get the job done
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have some experience in the following areas:
- Regulatory and compliance issues affecting the automobile dealer industry
- legal services
- trade association work
- law degree preferred but not required
- some experience in governmental relations
- education preparation/presentation business development
Please email your resume and salary history.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Connections working at Texas Independent Automobile Dealers Association
More Jobs Like This
TIADA 1 Week Ago
BACK TO TOP
Help is on the way!
We’re sorry you are having trouble applying for this job.
Please try loading this job using the following link before submitting your help request:
Please provide details:
Submit Help Request
For career center support please call 1-888-491-8833
Posting Packages from $70
Find qualified candidates to fill your open position through a targeted posting on our job bank.
Expected salary: $95000 – 110000 per year
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 03:35:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!