Job title: Driver – (Auxiliary-Courier/Cargo) -Texas Medical Center
Company: University of Texas
Job description: Position Summary:
Transports various items such as supplies, mail, equipment, and UTHealth personnel and guests on and off campus promptly and efficiently.
Recreation Center @ 7779 Knight Road
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Picks up, transports, and delivers goods, materials, furnishings, and personnel such as office, lab, or classroom furnishings or UTHealth personnel and visitors on and off campus on a safe and timely basis.
2. Follows written or oral instructions regarding routing procedures and driving assignments with general supervision.
3. Loads, secures, delivers, and unloads goods and materials in a safe and timely manner. Completes and processes paperwork as needed. Maintains vehicle records; maintains a safe vehicle; may perform basic vehicle maintenance (e.g., cleaning, inflating tires, checking fluid levels, etc.).
4. Assigned other tasks within department between scheduled pickups or deliveries.
5. May perform other duties as assigned.
Commercial Driver’s License may be required for some positions.
Completion of 10th grade. High school degree or equivalent preferred.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
If you are looking for a great healthcare career in Houston, visit !
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 01:59:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!