Job title: FACSFAC Engineering Technician VI (Maryland) with Security Clearance
Job description: Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World FACSFAC Engineering Technician VI (Maryland) Navy Fleet Area Control and Surveillance Facilities (FACSFAC) Engineering Technician VI Background; Duties; Responsibilities; Requirements: This technician independently plans and accomplishes complete projects or studies of broad scope and complexity, or serves as an expert in a narrow aspect of a particular field of engineering, e.g., environmental factors affecting electronic engineering. Complexity of assignments typically requires considerable creativity and judgment to devise approaches to accomplish work, resolve design and operational problems, and make decisions in situations where standard engineering methods, procedures, and techniques may not be applicable. Supervisor or professional engineer provides advice on unusual or controversial problems or policy matters. Completed work is reviewed for compliance with overall project objectives. This worker may supervise or train and be assisted by lower level technicians, and performs, one or a combination of the following: * Prepares designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems (e.g., a heating
- system in an office building, or new electronic components such as solid state devices for
- instrumentation equipment).
- Plans approach to solve design problems; conceives and recommends new design techniques;
- resolves design problems with contract personnel, and assures compatibility of design with other
- parts of the system.
- Designs and coordinates test set-ups and experiments to prove or disprove the feasibility of preliminary design; uses untried and untested measurement techniques; and improves the
- performance of the equipment and may advise equipment users on redesign to solve unique
- operational deficiencies.
- Plans approach and conducts various experiments to develop equipment or systems
- characterized by (a) difficult performance requirements because of conflicting attributes such as versatility, size, and ease of operation; or (b) unusual combination of techniques or components.
- Arranges for fabrication of pilot models and determines test procedures and design of special test equipment.
- Integrate, document, secure, and test ATC surveillance systems in support of customer requirements.
- Apply operational employment and usage of FACSFAC/IRSS systems.
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge/hands on experience with ATC surveillance systems as an operator.
- Candidate must possess a detailed understanding of interfaces and configuration requirements for ATC surveillance interoperability.
- Must be able to work overtime when requested.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- All candidates will be required to pass Drug Screenings
- Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as appropriate. Required experience: * At least sixteen (16) years of practical experience in electronics or
- engineering technology.
- Ten (10) years of experience, to include: installation of such equipment.
- Six (6) of experience, to include: design, preparation and modification of engineering
- documents, and drawings.
- Ten (10) years of experience in automated ATC surveillance systems,
- of which seven (7) must have been performed within the last nine (9) years, with two (2) years of specific FACSFAC/IRSS systems experience. Experience may be concurrent.
Required education: * AS or AA in electronics or engineering technology. **Note: A high school diploma plus two (2) additional years of experience in automated ATC surveillance systems above the experience required for this position can be substituted for an AS or AA degree in electronics or engineering technology.
- These positions will serve as Tactical Data Link (Link-16) Operator/Technicians and technical participants on the NAVY’s Tactical Data Network for Test and Evaluation, using knowledge and experience in local and wide area networking, communications, and related software/hardware within a multi-platform operating environment. Work will be performed primarily at the Atlantic Test Range (ATR), Patuxent River, MD. Clearance Requirements: * Must currently hold or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance Work Conditions: * Conditions will vary. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings, but some outside work may be required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Applicant should be capable of lifting 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees. Vision abilities needed to perform this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Location: Patuxent River, MD
Job date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 23:28:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!