Job title: FDC-SECRETARY SPECIALIST – F/C – 70003735 CENTRAL FLORIDA RECEPTION CENTER
Company: State of Florida
Job description: Requisition No: 230061
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-SECRETARY SPECIALIST – F/C – 70003735 CENTRAL FLORIDA RECEPTION CENTER
Position Number: 70003735
Salary: $886.16 bi-weekly
Posting Closing Date: 12/01/2020
***OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT***
Secretary Specialist – F/C – 70003735
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located at Central Florida Reception Center.
Salary Range: $886.16 bi-weekly
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent in this position is expected to become familiar in the department’s reentry initiatives; display leadership skills that demonstrate the department’s commitment to reentry efforts for offenders while maintaining a professional demeanor.
The incumbent in this position is considered to have regulatory responsibilities and is subject to the provisions of Chapter 60L-36, Florida Administrative Code.
The employee in this position spends a minimum of 75% of his/her time performing duties involving contact with inmates at a Road Prison.
The incumbent in this position acts as the Personal Security to the Correctional Officer – Major at Loxahatchee Road Prison. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Relieves the supervisor of minor administrative details such as; maintaining time-sheets processing employment papers on new staff, and maintaining overtime justification.
- Coordinates with Correctional Probation Senior Officer on intake of inmates and release of inmates for the Transition Assistance Program. Prepares release forms and visitation forms. Schedules inmates for doctor appointments.
- Types reports, memorandums, drafts, and legal documents.
- Manages telephone system, routing calls to appropriate staff. Manages Department of Transportation base station radio.
- In the absence of the Funds Custodian, performs book-keeping, basic accounting reconciliation of Inmate Trust Fund and Canteen Fund.
- Receives and reviews incoming mail, screening items which can be handled personally and forward remainder to appropriate staff members. Responsible for all outgoing mail.
- Maintains information on a daily basis for inclusion on all required monthly reports.
- Operates computer to access information on inmates for officers as needed.
- Maintains supervisor calendar and travel itinerary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar usage.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of basic filing practices.
- Skills in typing.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work multi-line telephone system
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to maintain filing system that is easy to access.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Knowledge of standard business formats and styles for letters and business forms.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Knowledge of the techniques for handling telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to transcribe dictation using notes or a dictating machine.
- Ability to organize files and other records.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations.
- Ability to use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to type letters, memoranda and other standard business forms in correct format.
- Ability to handle telephone calls in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- High School diploma
- Two (2) years of Secretary or clerical experience or a Certified Professional Secretary Certificate.
- Experience in Microsoft Suite
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking . All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Job date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 00:16:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!