Job title: FDC-SENIOR MAINTENANCE MECHANIC-CENTRAL FLORIDA RECEPTION CENTER-(ORANGE)-ORLANDO, FLORIDA
Company: State of Florida
Job description: Requisition No: 271121
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-SENIOR MAINTENANCE MECHANIC-CENTRAL FLORIDA RECEPTION CENTER-(ORANGE)-ORLANDO, FLORIDA
Position Number: 70032867
Salary: $38,000.04 – $40,000.22 Annually
Posting Closing Date: 12/01/2020
***OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT***
Previous applicants need not reapply
This advertisement is for two Career Service Senior Maintenance Mechanic positions at Central Florida Reception Center.
Positions: 70032867 and 70029140
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.
Annual Salary Range: $38,000.04 – $40,000.22 based upon experience.
The Division of Administration is seeking two Senior Automotive Equipment Mechanics to join the Fleet Team in the Office of Administration. The incumbents work under the direct supervision of the Automotive Equipment Maintenance Superintendent and perform primarily in the area of auto repair and maintenance. These positions are located at Central Florida Reception Center in Orlando, Florida.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position works under the direct supervision of the Automotive Equipment Maintenance Superintendent and performs primarily in the area of auto repair and maintenance.
- Instructs and supervises inmates in the highly complex skills of auto repair and maintenance. Provides instructional sessions on all phases of mechanical work, on all types of on-road and off-road vehicles, both diesel and gasoline, including use and interpretation of test equipment, including test results; front end alignment and wheel balancing; transmission repair; radiator repair; engine repair; auto air conditioning repair and maintenance; tire repair and maintenance; vehicle body repair and painting; tools to be used and maintenance of tools and equipment; and safety procedures to follow.
- Plans, organizes, and schedules work to be performed, orders necessary parts and supplies to ensure timely completion of automotive repairs. Ensures that vehicles receive scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Ensures that vehicle maintenance usage, cost, and expenditures are appropriately recorded and tracked, per the Department’s procedures.
- Performs maintenance activities at the correctional institution and carries out the position’s assigned duties in auto repair and maintenance as directed by the Automotive Maintenance Superintendent, through the supervision of a working squad of inmates.
- Prepares reports of progress and performance of inmates assigned, for use by the inmates’ classification team in measuring and determining the rehabilitative progress of the assigned inmates.
- Maintains custody and control of inmates assigned under the supervision of the position in accordance with accountability requirements for inmates outlined in the operational procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- Knowledge and skill in performing automotive and equipment repairs.
- Ability to work in a training capacity with people in individual and group settings.
- Ability to collect, record and evaluate data relating to the training of individuals.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and other instructional materials.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to speak clearly and correctly to individuals and groups.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to vocational instruction.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to supervise inmate work force as it relates to the Fleet program.
- In accordance with Chapter 322, Florida Statutes, this position requires a Commercial Driver License. If the selected candidate does not possess a valid commercial driver license, he or she must obtain one, at his or her own expense, within 6 months of hire date.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years minimum of experience in automotive repair and maintenance.
Note: Applicant responses to qualifying questions must be clearly stated within the work experience(s) in the employment application.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking . All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Expected salary: $38000.04 – 40000.22 per year
Location: Orlando, FL
Job date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 05:55:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!