Job title: FDC-STAFF ASSISTANT – 70017977 CENTRAL FLORIDA RECEPTION CENTER
Company: State of Florida
Job description: Requisition No: 271301
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-STAFF ASSISTANT – 70017977 CENTRAL FLORIDA RECEPTION CENTER
Position Number: 70017977
Salary: $23,482.94 – $45,086.72
Posting Closing Date: 11/28/2020
***OPEN STATE EMPLOYEE ADVERTISEMENT***
Staff Assistant – 70017977
****STATE EMPLOYEE OPPORTUNITY ONLY – Must be currently employed with the State of Florida to be considered for this position.
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located in the Wardens Office at Central Florida Reception Center.
Salary Range: $23,482.94 – $45,086.72 annually
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position provides administrative assistance to the Warden by researching and gathering data, preparing written reports and statistical reports, providing guidance and assistance to staff formulating projections and recommendations, and making independent conclusions.
- Must maintain professionalism at all times with leaders, staff and inmate families.
- Manages discipline, use of force files, promotional requisitions, and lateral movement which are highly confidential.
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares drafts of interoffice memorandums, correspondence, DC-mail messages and confidential material for the review and approval of the Warden.
- Gathers, compiles and records statistical data, written reports and other information for review by the Warden.
- Interacts with the public and staff in a tactful and courteous manner by responding to questions, interpreting rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and practices. Refer questions as needed to the Warden.
- Assist the Warden by providing information (oral & written) to department heads concerning attendance at meetings, conference and seminars.
- Maintains a calendar of events for Warden for those events requiring his attendance. Coordinates scheduling for training vehicle and vehicle assigned to the Warden’s Office for such events.
- Compiles data from department heads and recapitulates into bi-weekly and monthly reports for review/approval by Warden and forwarded to Regional Director.
- Opens, dates and distributes daily mail for Warden. Copies and distributes mail/correspondence to appropriate department after reviewed by Warden. Coordinates with the mail room to ensure that all outgoing mail from the Warden’s office is processed daily. When necessary, distribute copies of the proposed DC rules, Adopted Rules and Policy & Procedure Directives.
- Answers the telephone promptly, politely and professionally. Screens and transfers callers to appropriate personnel or takes and transmits all messages accurately and without delay.
- Responsible for taking, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings conducted by the Warden. Maintains all office files and documents in an accurate, current and secure manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Outlook.
- Ability to draft letters, great writing skills.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Bachelor’s degree with official transcripts from an accredited college or university or five years of equivalent experience in a correctional or law enforcement setting.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking . All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Expected salary: $23482.94 – 45086.72 per year
Location: Orlando, FL
Job date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 04:04:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!