Job title: FDC-VOCATIONAL FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR – 70930513 FLORIDA WOMEN’S RECEPTION CENTER
Company: State of Florida
Job description: Requisition No: 255761
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-VOCATIONAL FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR – 70930513 FLORIDA WOMEN’S RECEPTION CENTER
Position Number: 70930513
Salary: $11.35 hourly
Posting Closing Date: 11/24/2020
***OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT***
Vocational Food Service Coordinator-70930513
This position is an OPS Vocational Food Service Coordinator located at Florida Women’s Reception Center in the Food Service Department.
Salary Rate: $11.35 hourly
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the oversight of daily meal preparation including production and meal service to the inmate population. This includes interpreting and complying with OSHA and related health and food service standards.
- Follow all Health Department Rules and Regulations.
- Handles raw and cooked food in accordance with sanitation standard
- Supervises the inmate food service workers in food production, preparation, kitchen sanitation, etc.
- Insures preparation of meals is in accordance with the Department’s master menu manual and master menu recipes.
- Acts as the food service weekend manager on duty as necessary.
- Maintains professional food service management certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- Ability to work in a high paced kitchen.
- Ability to produce quality meals, and serve them in a timely manner to the inmate population.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to speak clearly and correctly to individuals and groups.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Expected salary: $11.35 per hour
Location: Ocala, FL
Job date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 23:55:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!