Job title: Paramedic – Full Time – Rotating Night shift – Emergency Room – Texas Health Plano
Company: Texas Health Resources
Job description: Texas Health Plano seeks to hire a Paramedic for to work full time at their Emergency Department.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary: Minimum: $17.40/hour – Maximum: $26.92, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time; 36 hours per week.
Variable 12-hour Night shift from 7:00pm – 7:00am, with rotating weekends and holidays.
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Performs technical skills that are adapted to reflect the age-specific, developmental and diversity needs of the patient.
- Enhances patient care skills. Serves as a patient advocate.
- Provides for patient privacy and dignity.
- Communicates per department expectations.
- Demonstrates cooperative relationships by showing willingness to support team members.
- Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co- workers, physicians, all disciplines, and other customers.
- Incorporates age specific safety/ infection control measures into patient care.
- Collects data relevant to the patients physical, psychosocial, cognitive and religious needs.
- Assists in meeting departmental/hospital KPIs related to: Patient outcomes, Customer satisfaction, Financial performance, Organizational effectiveness and Community health care
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
(6th year in a row)
(5th year in a row)
#1 as 2020 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (6th consecutive year, 5th year as #1)
(2018 and 2019)
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent required
Other – CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency required
6 months recent paramedic experience preferred
1 year of recent paramedic experience in an acute care hospital emergency room setting highly preferred
Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P) upon hire required
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire required
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) upon hire required
Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (for ED only) required within 60 Days of hire date.
Skills & Abilities:
Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
Expected salary: $17.4 per hour
Location: Plano, TX
Job date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 02:09:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!