Job title: Patient Care Tech – Full Time Days – Surgery Department – Texas Health Plano
Company: Texas Health Resources
Job description: Texas Health Plano is seeking hire a Patient Care Tech to work full time at their Surgery Department.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
Salary: min $13.19 – max $19.83, based on relevant work experience.
- Full time, 40 hours
- 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
- Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
- Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
- Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
- Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
- Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
- Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
- Documents accurately and appropriately.
- In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
- In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
- Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
- Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
- Uses CPM philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
- Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
- Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
- Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
- Maintains and enhances patient care skills.
- Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Complies with personnel policies.
- Communicates per department expectations.
- Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
- Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
- Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
- Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent required
- CLIAFE – must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency required
- CNA – Certified Nurses Aide Upon Hire required OR
- PCT Training Program (THFW or TC4L) Upon Hire required OR
- EMT – Emergency Medical Technician (Emergency Department ONLY) Upon Hire required OR
- Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or military experience with medical training equivalent Upon Hire required and
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire required
- Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced work environment, positive interpersonal skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Nursing Students who do not complete course of study in nursing but having completed their Fundamentals Training and EMTs who do not retain formally retain their EMT status may continue in role if they have consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
- After hire PCT CNA renewal is not a requirement of the role if the PCT has consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.At Texas Health Resources, our mission is “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the United States with a team of more than 23,000 employees of wholly owned/operated facilities plus 2,200 employees of consolidated joint ventures in the greater Dallas Fort Worth area. Our career growth and professional development opportunities are top-notch and our benefits are equally outstanding.
Check out just a few of our recent accomplishments:
- 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (3rd year in a row)
- Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the world (2016)
- Named #1 in the “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” by Great Place to Work® for 2015, 2016 and 2017
- 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
- 2016 and 2017 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare”
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and become a part of a team that is improving the health of our communities daily. You belong here.
Location: Plano, TX
Job date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 23:23:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!