Job title: Patient Care Tech – Full Time – Rotating Day shift – Medical Surgical Ortho-Trauma unit – Texas Health Plano
Company: Texas Health Resources
Job description: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano seeks to hire a Patient Care Tech to work full time at their Medical Surgical Ortho-Trauma Unit.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary: Minimum: $13.19 – Maximum: $19.83, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time: 36 hours per week
Day Shift: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Variable schedule with every other Saturdays and Sundays.
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
care to reflect patient population.
- In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
- Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
- Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
- Uses CPM philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
- Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
- Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
- Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
- Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks.
- Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
- Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
- Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Highlights
(6th year in a row)
(5th year in a row)
#1 as 2020 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (6th consecutive year, 5th year as #1)
(2018 and 2019)
Texas Health Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- CNA – Certified Nurses Aide Upon Hire OR Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or military experience with medical training equivalent Upon Hire AND BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
- Experience preferred
- Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced work environment, positive interpersonal skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Nursing Students who do not complete course of study in nursing but having completed their Fundamentals Training and EMTs who do not retain formally retain their EMT status may continue in role if they have consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
- After hire PCT CNA renewal is not a requirement of the role if the PCT has consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
Location: Plano, TX
Job date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 04:27:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!