Job title: Physician Assistant Oncology – Nebraska
Company: Odin Staffing
Job description: Specialty: Oncology NP/PA
Start Date: ASAP
Schedule: Full Time; Salaried Position – not a timed forty (40) hour workweek.
Shift: Varied Shifts Available
Salary: $106,828 and up depending on experience
● Master’s Degree
● NE PA License
● 2+ Years Experience Required
● Knowledge of the professional medical practice and care to give and evaluate patient
● Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient
care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work
● Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods, and techniques of medicine to
provide on-going patient care. Skill in taking medical history, assessing medical
condition, and interpreting findings.
● Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to
correspondence. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with patients, employees, Physicians, and the public.
● Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
● Ability to interpret, adapt, apply guidelines and procedures.
● Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Practice is to assist the physicians with the care of the Physicians' patients and fulfill the need as
Physician Extenders performing selective medical services under the supervision of the
Physicians. A strong desire to build a collaborative working relationship to provide the highest
quality patient care and clinical outcomes will be an essential element for the successful
candidate. An ongoing commitment to excellence is desired and expected on an ongoing basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● A typical workday begins and ends helping physicians to see patients. PAs will see
patients individually with Physician supervision..
● Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients. Reviews patient
records, interpreting and integrating data to determine appropriate diagnostic and
therapeutic procedures needed.
● Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Establishes presumptive
● Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
● Orders appropriate medications (including but limited to: chemotherapy, biotherapy,
immunotherapy, IV medication, IM/SQ medication, supportive care medication) based
on the patients' treatment/therapy plan as prescribed by the Physician.
● Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
● Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention; instructs patient
and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient
● Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
● Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
● Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
● Provides call coverage with Physician.
● Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
● Performs related work as required.
Client offers generous benefits to its staff by offering benefits which include
Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, CME, & Malpractice coverage.
● Loan Forgiveness
● Health Insurance
● Dental Insurance
● Long Term Disability
● Short Term Disability
● Life Insurance
● Eye Care Insurance
● Identity Theft Insurance
● Pet Insurance
● Supplemental Life Insurance
● Wellness Membership
● Retirement Plans (403b) (4% matching)
Expected salary: $106828 per year
Job date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 22:48:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!