Job title: Physician / Pediatrics / Virginia / Permanent / Emergency Physician Job
Job description: Job Description
An Old Soul and Youthful Enthusiasm Coastal Town
The Community – Hampton, VA
A city with an old soul and youthful enthusiasm. A Coastal Virginia vacation destination with fascinating sights to see and interesting things to do. A convention city with flexible facilities and a confident, can-do attitude. Situated in the middle of the Hampton Roads region and the heart of the Mid-Atlantic, Hampton welcomes many vacationers and meeting attendees alike with charming hospitality, multi-faceted attractions and activities, and an atmosphere of discovery that you’ll find pleasantly surprising.
The Facility – Hampton VAMC
Located along the historic banks of the Chesapeake Bay, the Hampton VA Medical Center (VAMC) is a world-class facility with highly skilled and compassionate staff. The medical center is a leader in technology and innovation providing health care services to Veterans in southeastern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. The Hampton VAMC is a tertiary care, Complexity Level 2 hospital. Hampton VAMC provides comprehensive primary and specialty care in medicine, surgery, and psychiatry. The Medical Center is geographically positioned among one of the largest DoD active duty and military retiree populations in the United States. As a result, the Medical Center has seen a 7% increase among Veterans seeking VA care. The Hampton VAMC recently opened a state-of-the-art Women’s Clinic designed to provide gender-specific care under one roof. Additional expansions at the medical center include the Spinal Cord Injury Unit and Mental Health Unit. Rich with history, the medical center is proud to be the health care provider of choice for Hampton Roads Veterans.
100 Emancipation Drive
Hampton, VA 23667-0001
Emergency physicians shall provide immediate medical evaluation, examination, diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of patients who present for care in the ED.. “Present for care” includes patients referred to the Emergency Department by other medical providers in the VA Healthcare Facility system (such as outpatient clinics, outlying clinics, ED Fast track, inpatient, etc.). The ED physician shall provide professional advice to other VA providers with regard to professional management of patients being treated and/or hospitalized. The Contractor physician shall be a resource for contract providers and manage patients in the fast track portion of the Emergency Department as well. The Contractor physician care shall cover the range of emergency room care typically provided in an urban civilian practice of similar size.
The following list is an example of the types of cases, but is not all-inclusive:
- Major trauma, including fractures of multiple extremities, stab wounds, open wounds of the chest and abdomen, head trauma, suspected spine injuries, lacerations, amputations;
- Major medical emergencies such as cardiac arrest, myocardial infarction, respiratory failure, shock;
- Obstetrical emergencies such as deliveries of single or multiple births, acute pregnancy complications, vaginal bleeding; Our Labor and Delivery Unit is on Long Term Divert. When possible, we have an OB provider (CNM, FP/OB) on resource call.
- Pediatric emergencies, including neonatal resuscitations;
- Acute psychiatric problems, including suicide attempts;
- Lower-acuity complaints including viral illnesses, other infections, minor orthopedic problems, minor trauma, alcohol abuse (i.e., “urgent care” patients);.
- Other miscellaneous medical problems both acute and chronic.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in any U.S. State or Territory
- ABEM-Certification preferred, but other Board Certifications are acceptable with no less than 2 years of full-time ER experience in a high volume ED (Other qualifying certifications: Internal medicine, Family practice, Internal medicine/pediatrics, general surgery.)
- Must be an M.D. or D.O. and be capable of treating patients of all ages.
- Must have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certificate and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certificate by way of an American Heart Association training program
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
Location: Hampton, VA
Job date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 22:01:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!