Job title: Safety Coordinator – Texas
Company: Wharton-Smith Inc.
Job description: Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the initial interviews for this job opening will be conducted via video or phone. The hiring process may be delayed during this time.
Wharton-Smith, Inc., a highly regarded General Contractor throughout the Southeast, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Safety Coordinator working throughout Texas and based out of our corporate office in Sugarland,.
- Development and implementation of current safety training programs as required
- Conducts safety audits to insure compliance with OSHA, Federal and State requirements
- Assists Project Management in developing site specific safety plans
- Conduct Safety training & Equipment training
- Wide-spread knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, MOT, and Environmental standards and regulations
- CHST or COSS certified
- OSHA 500 (OTI) approved
- 3+ years experience in a safety role
- Degree preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Broad training experience
- Extensive travel require (from Louisiana to Texas)
Job seekers should be aware of potential job scams. Wharton-Smith will not ask candidates to pay money upfront, or provide banking information during the interview process. We will not ask a candidate to pay a fee for a background check, or to purchase work-at-home equipment or materials prior to starting work. We require a face-to-face interview with candidates before we make a job offer. For more information, please go to the website.
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Job date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 23:47:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!