Job title: Sr. Systems Administrator, Southern California
Job description: Location: Customer Site, United States
Type of Employee: Full Time
Vocera delivers the leading platform for clinical communication and workflow. Our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of healthcare professionals, patients, and families while enabling hospitals to enhance quality of care and operational efficiency and humanize the healthcare experience. Hospitals and health systems around the world have selected our solutions to enable care teams to communicate and collaborate using smartphones or our hands-free, wearable Vocera Smartbadge and Vocera Badge. They can create a richer, more human connection for patients and their loved ones before, during, and after care using Vocera Ease applications. Our platform is interoperable with most clinical and operational systems used in hospitals. In addition to healthcare, Vocera solutions are found in aged care facilities, veterinary hospitals, luxury hotels, retail stores, schools, power facilities, libraries, and more. Vocera is headquartered in San Jose, California, with offices in San Francisco, Indiana, Orlando, Canada, India, United Arab Emirates, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Learn more at and follow @VoceraComm and @VoceraEase on Twitter.
Position Description: The Vocera Sr. Systems Administrator will aid with implementing and providing systems administration for Vocera solutions for one of Vocera’s enterprise customers. This position is for a one-year contract. The position will be responsible for ensuring successful and continued adoption of the overall Vocera solution set. This position reports to the Supervisor, Systems Administrators.
- Manage multiple Vocera databases. Establish and document processes for maintaining data integrity. Work with clinical departments to keep various database entities current
- Manage Vocera servers including software updates, OS maintenance, backups, and collaborate with the customer on anti-virus, server monitoring and disaster recovery practices
- Manage Vocera devices: Maintain accurate inventory records, manage the RMA process and spares pool and document all processes
- Train users to use Vocera effectively. Collaborate with the customer to establish, document, and deploy sustainable training processes for new hires, current employees, and refresher training
- Deliver advanced training and support for super users and clinical educators
- Develop and deliver ‘train the trainer’ sessions to clinical educators creating a sustainable training process post-contract
- Provide on-site proactive support for reporting and resolving end user issues, including issues with Vocera equipment, database and training and answer end user questions
- Provide on-site support for troubleshooting, resolving and reporting technical issues to the appropriate support organization. Collaborate with Technical Support and the customer’s support organization to resolve technical issues. Maintain clear documentation on status and resolution of issues using Vocera’s chosen case management software
- Create and review reports with customer stakeholders. Identify opportunities to improve performance and adoption and take action on implementing the improvements.
- Collaborate with the customer to develop and administer end user satisfaction programs, including regular end user satisfaction surveys, per the customer’s guidelines
- Extremely detail-oriented. Ability to design, implement and execute effective processes resulting in accurate data generation and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a record of providing timely written reports and documentation
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about customer service with a focus on listening skills, outgoing interpersonal skills, and a record of executing closed-loop communication
- Ability to develop, implement, and maintain on-going training for new employees and new product features
- Independent worker with strong project management skills, with the ability to ensure goals and objectives are delivered
- BA or BS in a business, MIS or technical field or equivalent
- 8+ years’ systems administration experience, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Demonstrated success providing training in a healthcare environment and supporting clinical end users
- Demonstrated proficiency with server maintenance and Windows Server operating system software and best practices
- Advanced experience with clinical workflow analysis or process design
- Experience managing a database-driven system
- Highly proficient with MS Office, especially Excel
- Demonstrated success in delivering excellent customer support
- Experience with Cisco wireless networks and equipment preferred
- Minimal travel (up to10%) within the U.S.
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 04:54:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!