Job title: Surgical Tech Certified (FT) – Texas Health Ft. Forth Midtown
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Job description: Location: US-TX-Fort Worth
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
Surgical Care Affiliates is currently seeking a Certified Surgical Technician!
As part of our team the Certified Surgical Technician will prepare the operating room, including the sterile field, setting up surgical equipment, supplies and solutions. During surgery, the certified surgical technician will pass instruments, fluids and supplies to the surgeon and prepare and manage surgical equipment.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Ambulatory Surgery Center with seven Operating Room suites. Multi-specialty facility. Surgical procedures include ophthalmology, orthopedic, plastic, hand, spine, podiatry.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is responsible for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The CST performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and according to the surgical technologist professional organization and certification board.
- Functions as a certified scrub technician in the operating room/ procedure room under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical team.
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical procedures.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile technique.
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization methods required for specific instruments and equipment.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the circulating nurse.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room technical equipment according to manufacturer’s guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room supplies and equipment.
- Must be a graduate of a surgical technician training program and hold current certification.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minumum 2 years experience in the operating room.
- Ophthalmology and orthopedic experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Ability to perform lifting and transporting of patients; and lifting of instrument trays and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to organize work in order of importance.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and in a variety of peri-operative environments.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 06:05:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!