Job title: Urgent Locums Psychiatrist (Adult) High Hourly Rate No Call in Virginia
Company: Harris Medical Associates
Job description: Harris Medical Associates is seeking a Locums Psychiatrist MD/DO to provide coverage on the Adult Units (Forensics) ASAP.
A 110 bed state psychiatric hospital, Joint Commission accredited; teaching affiliation of University of Virginia & West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine.
- 2 adult units of 50 adult beds; 2 geriatric units of 60 geriatric beds
- Facility is staffed 5 Attending Psychiatrists, 1 resident, 1 internal medicine physician, 1 nurse practitioner.
- Dependent upon the patient care need, the Psychiatrist will see approximately 17 patients. Within the 17, will need to see daily those on AMM (acute medical management) of about 2-5 patients. This physician
will be on a team of 3 attending psychiatrists and a nurse practitioner.
- Average length of stay last month for an Adult patient was 48 days.
- Averaged 7 admissions over the past month.
- Must have the ability to perform physical assessments if needed. (However, this is rarely required of a Locum Psychiatrist.
- Work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with ½ lunch (No overtime). No weekends/holidays required.
- No on-call needed. (On-call is provided by a large group of physicians, including internal medicine colleagues and psychiatrists).
- Works with superb nursing staff.
- Full complement in interdisciplinary team of psychologists, social workers, adjunctive therapists; as well as consultation services with OT, PT, nutrition, surgery, orthopedics, podiatry and dental.
- Smoke free environment.
Please contact Michelle Pittelli for further details and/or email: Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
Job date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 23:24:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!